Monday, November 15, 2010

Days Til Christmas Calendar

I've always wanted to make my very own Days Til Christmas calendar.  Somehow, it just didn't happen until NOW!!!
I wasn't able to attend our October downline meeting.  However, we are so lucky to have someone in our group  (That person is Carol Rosengren)  who always takes pictures for us and posts them on our group website.           A Big Thank You to Carol !!
So I was browsing through the pictures to see all the fun shares and I saw that Terri Snider had made a Days Til Christmas calendar.  It was so cute!  Terri and I are the blog browsers of the group.  So I had to ask her where she found this and how did she make it.   The idea was actually on Splitcoast Stampers in the resource section.  It is Titled as  "Advent Calendar".    So if you are a member of Splitcoast Stampers - go check it out!  If not a member yet, then sign up it's free.

Here is a picture of Terri's calendar, but she is actually not the one holding it here.  We pass all the Share items around so pictures can be taken.  Terri used a Simply Scrapping Kit and Die Cuts all from Stampin' Up.  Thank You Terri for sharing this awesome calendar!


Now here is my take on the Days Til Christmas Calendar.


 This is the full view of this FUN project !   And below is a close up, so you can see the detail of this cute Calendar.   You see I have that "Jolly Holiday"  theme going on again.  I just LOVE this Designer Paper!!




I used the Jolly Holiday Designer Paper (24 Squares 2 3/4" x 2 3/4").  Cardstock is Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive (24 Squares 3" x 3").  Timeless Type Alphabet set for the Letters and the Numbers.  Scallop Circle Punch, Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue
The Holly was made with the Large Oval Punch and the 1/2" Circle Punch.  Artist Canvas is 16" x 20", Wilton wedding favor tins (24), Use one Velcro dot in the center on the back of each tin to stick to the board (24). 

Be sure that you don't forget to put all kinds of candy treats and special surprises, maybe even some money in the Tins to be opened each day until Christmas !!!!

Happy Stamping !!!
     Sue

3 comments:

CARS CREATIONS said...

you are amazing, sue! i love your ideas and without them my life would not be as happy.
c

Anonymous said...

"Oh-Kay...."-so I saw this on SU connection and I HAD to check out your blog-OMG!!! I absoultely LOVE your version of your advent calendar! You did an amazing job and it is so beautiful! I do have one question, are the tins stuck on the board or are they on there with magnets and a magnetic "back-board"? Thanks so much for sharing!

Sue Dyas said...

The tins are stuck on the board with Velcro dots. Hope that helps. Sue

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...