Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Cute Christmas Snowman

Sometimes you see a card and you just have to give it a try!!  This card is one of those cards for me.  A super easy card to make for Christmas and it even has a WOW with it !  The WOW is how the scallop border was made.  Can you believe that the scallop border is made with the Fancy Flower Punch?  Well it certainly is.  Mary Fish even has a minute video that shows you how to make it.  ( Here)
Thanks Mary for sharing your video for this WOW!!  

Here is my Cased Card that I found on Mary's blog Stampin' Pretty. 
Snowman have always been something that I have collected.  So everytime I see anything with a Snowman, I have to check it out !!!  So the Cute Christmas stamp set caught my eye right off .

  



Be sure to watch the video to see how the scallop border is made.  That way you can use this WOW idea on some of your future cards!  This works for a 4" piece, like the one above. 

Recipe:
Cardstock - Whisper White  8 1/2" x 5 1/2",  2 1/2" x 2 1/4", Scrap for note inside envelope
Real Red -  4" x 4 3/4", Plus scrap for heart
Basic Black - Scrap for Petal Card Punch and Fancy Flower Punch
Designer Paper - Candy Cane Christmas  4" x 3"
Bitty Heart Punch, Petal Card Punch, Fancy Flower Punch, 1/8" Real Red Taffeta ribbon, Mini Clip
Black Flourish Jewels for Coal and center of Heart

Let's see what ideas you come up with.  Send me an email with a picture of your card.  (Click Here)
Then I'll post your ideas on my blog.

Happy Stamping  !!!
        Sue

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...