Monday, January 17, 2011

Cute Owl Calendars for 2011

Today is Martin Luther King Day and it's a Stamping Play Day for Sue!  So relaxing to get some FUN projects done.  While I was reading the Late Night Stampers email this morning, I came across the perfect idea that I just couldn't resist to check out.   "Owl Calendars" by Vicki Burdick ( here ).  Vicki had the most adorable calendars posted on her website, and like her I was needing to use the 2011 calendars that I had purchased.  I have made different calendars each year either as gifts or as a Stamp Club project.   These were just too stinking cute, so of course I had to case them since I was home today.  Vicki got her inspiration from Diana Gibbs who had made her calendars using the "My Digital Studio" program.  You can see Diana's calendar ( here ).  And I was so thrilled with how they turned out!  I think this may be one of my hostess gifts for Stamp Club and also a "Thank You" gift for those who book a workshop.

Okay, so here is my take on these Cute Owl Calendars.


The First one is totally cased from Vicki's idea.  I love the "Love Letter" Designer Paper with the Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red and Basic Black.  The Second one is using the NEW Designer Paper "Springtime Vintage".  I was in love the minute that I saw this Designer Paper in the NEW Occasions Mini!



The Third one is also using the NEW "Springtime Vintage" Designer Paper and the Fourth one is using the "Elegant Soiree" Designer Paper.   They were so much FUN to make and really pretty easy too!

Here are my measurements that I used to make the calendars:
2 - Square Scallops using the Square Scallop Die
Cardstock background -  4" x 6 3/4"
Designer Paper  3 7/8" x 6 5/8"
2 1/2" Circle Punch, Two-Step Owl Punch, Two-Step Bird Punch, Scallop Circle Punch
The Scallop Circle was run through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Folder.  Add your calendar and of course I had to add some ribbon on mine!  It's kinda like a signature thing for me.

I had a Wonderful Day today, thanks to Vicki's awesome idea!!  Thanks Vicki for sharing !!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you give these calendars a try !

Happy Stamping !!
        Sue

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...