Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back to School Gifts for the Grandkids - Part 2

As promised I'm back with Part 2 of the Back to School Gifts for the Grandkids.  This time of year always gets so busy with everyone trying to enjoy the last couple of weeks of summer.  But I wanted to Share with you today two more gifts that I will be sending down soon to the Grandkids. 

First is the ABC Pencil Holder


This is a spin off from the Thank You Chocolate Treat Holders that I made for my Stamp Club and I also made some for Convention Gifts which I posted earlier ( Here )   However, I have used a Back to School theme and added some fun Back to School pencils. 
The measurements are just a bit smaller for the Pencil Holder.  Which are below.

Stamp Set:  Tart and Tangy  (retired)
Real Red Cardstock    2" x 10 1/4"  Score @ 5" and then @ 5 1/4"
You also want to Score @ 1/4" all the way down on both sides of the 10 1/4" side.
Basic Black Cardstock   1 5/16" x 4 3/4"
Daffodil Delight  - 1" x  1"  scraps for alphabet letters
Just Add Cake Designer Paper   1 3/16" x 4 1/2"
Markers: Real Red, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip
1/4" Basic Black grosgrain ribbon, Timeless Type Alphabet Dies, Big Shot, Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet, Regular Hole punch (non- SU), Sticky Strip

Tip for the Day:   I use the Adhesive Sheet to adhere the letters to a project.  Cut a 1" x 12" strip of cardstock and then I do the same with the Adhesive Sheet.  Put the cardstock on the Adhesive Sheet, then I cut  1" x 1" or 1" x 1 1/4" pieces depending on which letters you are using.  Run through the Big Shot with the white side up and cardstock side down so your letters turn out correct.  Then peel off the white backing and stick down.  Not so messy that way! 


The second gift for today is a Back to School Gum Holder.



Everyone knows that you need to have a Special Snack when school is done for the day!  So I thought this would be a FUN After School Treat.   These are really easy to make and can be done for any Occasion.

Here is a close up view.


The measurements below are for the Orbit Gum Packs.  There are different sizes so your measurements may vary depending on the brand of Gum that you are using. 

Stamp Set:  Pennant Parade,  It's a Wrap Occasions
Real Red Cardstock   4" x 6 1/4"  You will Score @ 2 1/2", 2 7/8" and  5 3/8", 5 3/4"
Basic Black Cardstock for the Top Note which is cut exactly in half.
Real Red and Very Vanilla Cardstock for the Pennant.  Petite Pennants Builder Punch
Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green and Whisper White for the Books.   Word Window Punch
Basic Black Journal Marker, White Gel Pen, Big Shot, Top Note Bigz Die, 3/4" Circle Punch

Well there you have it!  This year's Back to School Gifts for the Grandkids!

I hope that everyone is having a Great Weekend!!!
I Thank You for stopping by and checking out my blog!!

Happy Stamping !!!
        Sue

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...