Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fabulous Florets Card

Hello Ladies,  I've kinda been MIA lately.  Sorry about that, and then this week there have been some problems where I haven't been able to log on to post due to issues with blogger.  I have been busy though and I do have some projects that I hope you will enjoy.  I'm also so excited as I celebrated my 5 years with Stampin' Up on May 3rd.  My 5 year PIN arrived in the mail on Wednesday.  Woo Hoo !! 
This is the BEST job that I've ever had!!

Let's start off with a beautiful card made with the Fabulous Florets stamp set from the Summer Mini Catalog.  I really love the Fabulous Florets set !  Well, I found this card on Dawn Olchefske's blog - DOstamping with Dawn.  ( You can see Dawn's card Here )

I fell in love with it the minute I saw it, so of course I just had to do a case card.  I was looking for a Mother's Day card idea to send to a Special someone.  There are only a couple of things that I did change the greeting which is from the Level 1 Hostess set "Afterthoughts" and the ribbon is Basic Black 3/8" Taffeta . 
I needed to mail this card and figured it was better if I used a less bulky ribbon. 
Thank You Dawn for sharing !!

So this is my take of Dawn's card.


                             This is such an elegant card!!

Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Fabulous Florets, Afterthoughts
Cardstock:  Whisper White  4 1/4" x 11" scored @ 5 1/2"
                                            2 3/4" x 3 3/4"
                                           Plus a scrap for the flower
                   Basic Black       2" x 4 1/4"
                  Melon Mambo   1 1/2" x 3 5/8"
                                            Plus a scrap for the flower
                  Wild Wasabi      1 3/4" x 4"

Ink:  Stazon Black, Wild Wasabi
Basic Black 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Black Embossing Powder, I also used Clear Embossing Powder as I forgot to order the Melon Mambo, dimensionals. 

I want to Thank You for taking time to stop by my blog today!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Happy Stamping !!!
        Sue
              
              

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...