Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Advent Calendar

The Christmas Advent Calendar was very popular this year!   My Stamp Club ladies actually made these as their project for November Stamp club.  They ordered all their supplies ahead of time so that we could do this.  Now they didn't actually complete this entire project that night.  But they got a good start on it.  Then I had additional times for them to stop over and finish up over the Thanksgiving Holiday.  I also made this for my Mother-in-Law as one of her Christmas gifts this year.  She LOVED it!!!!



The original idea was from Kim Assaly.   I made the 31 Day Countdown to Halloween first, which was when I first saw Kim's idea.  I was so excited with Kim's idea.  I had been thinking of a different way to do this project that I saw at Convention this summer.  The Chunky Frame idea from Kim made my day!  Then with the Chunky Frame being on the Clearance Rack, what more could a girl ask for? 
You can check out my 31 Day Countdown to Halloween ( Here )



Now I didn't take all the pictures of what's inside of the Peek-a-Boo Frames.  Sorry about that, but I mostly used the Jolly Bingo Bit stamp set and the 25 & Counting stamp set.  I also used the Got Treats stamp set for some sayings on the inside.  The Pines & Poinsettias stamp set was used inside of  the doors with Santa on the right hand side that open across the top of the center square.  So when you open the doors on Christmas it says:  "Sending Wishes of Happy Holidays to You and Yours".  The Big Center Square is where you can put a picture of your Family and then change it up each year.

The design of the squares was a combination of the picture in the Holiday Mini Catalog and some of Kim's squares.  The Frostwood Lodge Designer Paper was used to cover the Chunky Frame and along with adding some for the squares.  I used Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green and Whisper White cardstock for my colors.   I added things here and there using Rhinestone Jewels, Pearl Jewels, Stitched Felt Winter Wishes, Glimmer Brads, Jingle Bells, Dazzling Details to sparkle things up and Whisper White and Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.  Lots of Punches, Peek-a-Boo Frames Die and of course the Big Shot !! 

I believe the Chunky Frame is still on the Clearance Rack and you can still order the Frostwood Lodge Designer Paper and the Stitched Felt Winter Wishes until January 3rd.  So get a head start on next year's projects starting with the Christmas Advent Calendar!!

Again I want to Thank Kim for her wonderful idea !!!

Thanks for taking time to stop by today !!  Have a great Day !!

Happy Stamping !!!
        Sue 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...