Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sneak Peek - Warmest of Wishes Halloween Box and Card

Wow, I have no idea where the week went to.  Actually, I do.  It's been busy at work again with overtime needed, so the FUN time always suffers.  I really think it should be the other way around, don't you ?  But I have been trying to get some projects together to show you.  This Saturday is our Quarterly Meeting and I was asked to Demo something that we saw at Convention to share with those who were unable to attend.  I always like it when someone shows you another way to use something.  Well at Convention this year Brian Pilling showed us another way to use the Mini Milk Carton Bigz Die.  I tried this out right after Convention, just so that I would remember how it was made.  I needed a Birthday Gift for a Special Friend who's Birthday I missed while at Convention.  You can see my first project  ( Here )  Now I have decided that this will be my project to demo at our Quarterly Meeting.

Drum Roll Please................


Here is my group picture of the Warmest of Wishes Halloween Box and Card.  Now,  I will only be doing a demo on how to make the Mini Milk Carton Box, but the card that I made to go with it really needed to be included too.  Aren't they just the cutest things ever!  Check out the Sparkle on the Owl's Mask!  It's a New Product that will be available on September 1st in the Holiday Mini.  You can see it a little better in the next picture, it's called Dazzling Details !!


The inspiration for this Mini Milk Carton box came from Mary Fish.  So I will start from the beginning with how lucky I was this year to be able to meet Mary and Mike at Convention. 



I made them a Special Thank You Chocolate Treat Holder as my Convention gift for them.  You can see my prior post  ( Here ) which also has the directions for the Treat Holder.
Mary took my idea and turned it into this cute Halloween Chocolate Bar Treat Holder.  Which she used in her Stampin' Pretty Pals Blog Hop of 3-D items in August.  You'll see where I got my inspiration by clicking  ( Here ) to see Mary's Chocolate Treat Holder.



I couldn't just stop there with only the Halloween Box.   So I decided since I was going to be doing this project as my Demonstration that I really needed a cute Halloween card to go with it.  That way you have a cute gift and a card for Halloween!!

Here are some of the details:

Stamp Sets:   Warmest of Wishes, Wicked Cool
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze and Very Vanilla.
Neutrals Prints DSP and Frightful Sight DSP
Mini Milk Carton Bigz Die, Big Shot, 1/8" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Owl Builder Punch,  Lace Ribbon Border Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch, 1/8" Tangerine Tango and Basic Black Taffetta Ribbon, Dazzling Details.

A Big Thank You to Mary for inspiring this project!! 

With this Month's SU Promotion, don't forget to stock up now on your Designer Series Papers for all your Holiday Projects.  Buy 3 Designer Series Papers and Get One FREE !!!  You can check out the Promotion by clicking ( Here )

Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my blog!

Happy Stamping  !!!!
        Sue

2 comments:

Mary Fish said...

Wow!!! I'm so flattered to have even played a part. we inspire each other--that's for sure! The box is absolutely adorable. How fun for a Halloween treat! The sparkle around the owl's eyes make him look like a movie star. Dazzling! Hugs, M

beth rush said...

That box is amazing! what a clever use of the milk carton die! love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...