Monday, March 21, 2011

Lollipop Flower Bouquet

Happy Monday!   I hope that everyone had a great weekend!  I'm still waiting for Spring, as it was cloudy and no sunshine here all weekend long.  Hoping for some Sun this week, but the forecast doesn't sound like it's going to happen though.  Over the weekend there was a Special Birthday Celebration!  My friend Kim's Birthday is on St. Patrick's Day.  I thought I would share one of my gifts for Kim with you today.  It's this adorable Lollipop Flower Bouquet! 


This is the front view of the bouquet. 

These flowers are so much prettier in person, but this picture will give you a good idea.
I so LOVE how this Flower Bouquet turned out!    
              
I designed my flowers using Stampin' Up Designer Paper and Cardstock.  I used the New Fun Flowers Die from the Occasions Mini, the 1 3/4" Scalloped Circle punch, the 2 3/8" Scalloped Punch, the 5 Petal Flower Punch, and the Fancy Flower Punch, Embossing Folders and the Crimper for some texture.
I found some really cute lollipops for the centers of the flowers along with the Small Flower lollipops in the middle.  Then I found a little flower pot that even had flowers painted on it already all at the Dollar Tree.   I added some Daffodil Delight 5/8" grosgrain ribbon around the top of the pot and then added the 1 1/4" Daffodil Delight grosgrain ribbon for the bow on the front for an added special touch.  The "Wish Big" Flower uses a Pixie Stix for the stem, with Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon for the bow under the leaves.   I added some green shredded paper to cover up the styrofoam piece that I used to hold the flowers in place. 



This is the back view of the bouquet, so that you can see all the beautiful flowers. 




This is an overhead view. 

I found this idea while browsing Stampin' Connections (our SU Demo website), and had to check it out further.  This idea was one that Connie Stewart had posted.  Here's a link to Connie's post to see her bouquet. ( Here )    Such a wonderful idea for really any occasion that you would want to send flowers for, but these flowers will last FOREVER !!  Thanks Connie for sharing this FUN idea!

Kim really LOVED her Lollipop Flower Bouquet !!  I will share some of her other gifts with you later on this week.   I'm sure that there is someone with an upcoming Birthday that you could make this special Lollipop Flower Bouquet for, right !  If you do, be sure to send a picture to me at:   sdyas0936@msn.com  and I will post it on my blog!

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by today !!
Happy Stamping  !!!
        Sue

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...