Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy First Day of School !!!

I always try and send a little something that I have made down to the grandkids. The oldest one (my granddaughter) is going to be in Sixth Grade this year and at a New Middle School. The youngest one (my grandson) is going to be starting Kindergarten this year and he is so excited! So here's one of the things that I made for my grandkids for their First Day of School this year. The original idea is from Gretchen Barron. Seen here.  Test Tube Gift Card Holder

Just a note:  The measurement for the opening to use a Test Tube should be 5/8" on either side of the center fold.  Picture shows 5/16".  The 5/16" works for pencils though.

I bought the Test Tubes from SKS Bottle.   SKS Bottle - Test Tubes # 0890-17

So I thought I would give it a School Theme twist and this is my take on her idea. The first one is for my Granddaughter. She has been playing the violin since last year.





The second one is for my Grandson.  As it really is his very First Day of Kindergarten.




So give it and try and let me know what you come up with.

Happy Stamping!!
Sue

2 comments:

Inking Idaho said...

Sue, I absolutely LOVE this project! I'm off to Gretchens to get the deets and start making some! :) Thanks for sharing!! ♥ Becky

gbarron56 said...

Yes, as Susan stated, the measurement in my post was wrong. For the size test tube I was using, the measurement should have been 9/16" from the first score (just a hair over 1/2"). Of course, this will need to be adjusted according to the size of your test tube. Great projects, Susan! Thanks for sharing!

Blessings, Gretchen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...